Are you a bubble tea enthusiast who loves the chewy, sweet sensation of honey boba pearls in your favorite drinks? If you are nodding vigorously, this recipe is perfect!
Today, we will embark on a journey to create the most delightful honey boba pearls to add extra joy to your favorite beverage.
This honey boba recipe is not only easy to follow, but it also guides you step-by-step to customize the flavor of the tapioca pearls to your preference. So, put on your apron, and let’s create our bubble tea heaven at home.
What Is Honey Boba?
Honey boba can be understood in two ways:
- As tapioca pearls that are covered with honey.
- As a bubble tea where tapioca pearls are covered with honey, or even added some extra honey into the drink.
So, whichever way people understand that, they have a common part – tapioca pearls covered with honey. Therefore, let’s get to know more about honey boba!
What Is Honey Boba Made Of?
As simple as it is, it’s made with tapioca pearls and honey. Tapioca pearls, in turn, are made from tapioca starch and brown sugar.
Basically, if you want to make boba from scratch, you’ll need the following:
- Tapioca starch
- Water for boiling
- Brown sugar
If you want to use the easier way and don’t feel like making boba from scratch, you’ll need the following:
- Tapioca pearls (uncooked)
- Water for boiling
If you want to make honey syrup, then you’ll need some water in addition to honey.
What Does Honey Boba Taste Like?
Honey boba has a sweet and slightly floral taste, thanks to the addition of honey in the syrup.
The tapioca pearls have a chewy, slightly rubbery texture and do not have much flavor on their own, so the honey adds a pleasant taste to the pearls.
Overall, honey boba is a delicious and unique twist on traditional boba drinks that adds a touch of sweetness and complexity to the classic tapioca pearls.
How To Make Honey Boba
Here is a recipe for making honey boba for 1 serving.
Note that we use and cook ready-made tapioca pearls, so if you want to make them from scratch, follow my recipe for making boba pearls.
- 1/4 cup tapioca pearls
- Boiling water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water (for those who want to make honey syrup)
You can adjust the amount of honey to your desired sweetness level. I like it very sweet, so I use half a cup.
The second step is optional – if you want to make the syrup, follow it; otherwise, skip it. I prefer to ignore it and cover the boba with pure honey.
- Cook the tapioca pearls according to the package instructions.
- Optional: In a separate small pot, heat the water and honey over low heat until the honey dissolves and the mixture forms a syrup.
- Drain the cooked tapioca pearls and transfer them to a bowl.
- Pour the honey (syrup) over the tapioca pearls and mix well.
- Let the boba sit in the honey for a few minutes to soak up the flavor.
- Serve the honey boba with your favorite milk tea.
Also, you can experiment with adding different flavors to the honey syrup, such as ginger or cinnamon, to create a unique and delicious boba flavor.
If that wasn’t enough and you want to make honey bubble tea, then let’s continue!
Honey Bubble Tea
Here is how to make honey boba tea for 1 serving.
- Previously made honey boba
- 1 tea bag or 1 tablespoon of loose-leaf tea
- 1/2 cup of milk of your choice
- Honey or another sweetener (optional)
- Ice (optional)
- Make a cup of tea and let it cool to room temperature.
- In a separate glass or shaker, mix the tea, milk, and sweetener until combined.
- In a tall glass, add honey boba and then ice if you wish.
- Pour the prepared milk tea over the boba, and stir gently until everything is combined.
Note that the sweetness can be adjusted to your liking, so feel free to add more or less sweetener depending on your preference.
Usually, my milk choice is condensed milk; therefore, I don’t add extra sweeteners. Otherwise, I would add 1 tbsp of honey to the milk tea.
Who knew making honey boba could be so simple and rewarding? With this fuss-free recipe, you can satisfy your bubble tea cravings whenever you wish.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with your tea choices or even try new syrup flavors for your boba. As you hone your honey boba-making skills, you’ll find endless possibilities for delicious and refreshing drinks!
So go ahead, gather your ingredients, and start brewing your perfect honey boba drink today!