Do you love boba tea? Well, how about trying a boba latte? It’s a creamy and delicious beverage that combines the rich flavors of coffee and the chewy goodness of boba pearls.
Making this delightful drink at home is super easy and can save you a lot of money compared to buying it at a coffee shop.
Follow this simple recipe to make your very own boba latte at home!
Boba Latte Recipe
Boba tea, or bubble tea, originated in Taiwan and has become a popular drink worldwide.
The chewy texture of boba pearls, combined with the unique flavors of the tea, has captured the hearts of many.
Boba latte, a creamy and decadent twist on the classic bubble tea, has also gained popularity recently. If you’re a boba tea and coffee fan, this recipe is perfect for you.
Making a boba latte at home is simple and allows you to customize your drink to your liking.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make a boba latte for one serving:
- 2 shots of espresso or ½ cup of strong brewed coffee
- 8 oz of milk
- 3 tbsp of boba pearls
- 1 tsp of brown sugar (optional)
- Ice (optional)
- Honey (optional)
- Syrup (optional)
You can use any kind of milk you want, as well as condensed milk or even a creamer.
Here’s a simple recipe for making a boba latte at home:
- Brew two shots of espresso or ½ cup of strong coffee and let it cool.
- Optional: Add brown sugar or honey.
- Cook your boba/tapioca pearls according to the package instructions.
- Strain the boba, transfer it into a bowl, and set aside.
- Optional: Add honey or syrup to the cooked boba and stir to combine.
- In a tall glass, pour the espresso shots or coffee and add milk.
- Optional: Add ice and syrup.
- Add boba to the glass.
- You can add boba before coffee and milk, but then I recommend mixing them first.
Serve with a wide straw and enjoy your delicious homemade boba latte!
Some tips and hints:
- With syrup, you can decide whether you want to mix it with boba, mix it into a coffee-milk mixture or cover the glass/cup sides.
- Boba pearls can be purchased at Asian grocery stores or online.
- Use freshly brewed coffee for the best flavor.
- Adjust the amount of sugar and milk/cream to your liking.
- Use brown sugar if possible, it adds a caramel-like flavor.
- Add ice to your drink if you prefer it cold.